Poetry for Neanderthals is a family-friendly party game similar to Taboo where players earn points by getting their teammates to guess words and phrases. The catch is that the "Neanderthal Poets" are only allowed to use single syllable words. If they use any words with more than one syllable, the other team gets to bop them with a 2-foot inflatable club. The team with the most points wins!
- Poetry for Neanderthals is a competitive word-guessing card game from Exploding Kittens where you must speak good or get hit with a NO! stick
- Using only single syllable words, give clues to your team trying to guess your secret phrase. If you mess up and use a big word, you get bopped on the head with a 2-foot long inflatable club.
- So, instead of saying "broccoli," you'd say something like "green thing you eat for live long and have good health."
- It's a board game that forces you to explain complicated ideas using simple vocabulary. It's a game that forces you to sound a little bit dumb.
- Poetry for Neanderthals is fun for both grownups and children. It takes a few minutes to learn and about 20 minutes to play.